How much time will this take?
From start to finish typically takes between 6-12 weeks to deliver in full. It depends on how quickly you provide us with feedback, decisions and content (including text and images) for the website.
How much time do I need to dedicate to this?
Consider investing at least two to three hours per week with us. This is essential to understanding your brand and enables you to get the best out of our expertise and experience. If you are sourcing your own images and writing your own text then we suggest allowing quite a lot more time depending on how quick you are (or choose from our extensive range of add-ons).
How do I contact you?
We keep in touch throughout the project by email, online, phone or Skype. If you want to talk to us in person there will be extra costs for time and travel.
How much contact will I have with you?
We’ll talk at least once a week throughout the project. It may be by phone, Skype or email. We can also create a project dashboard if you want where we can communicate and keep track of progress (most clients prefer to just use email).
What happens if I’m not happy?
The way we work means that we discuss the work at every stage. You’ll sign off the work at key stages before moving forward to the next step.
Can I change things myself?
At the end of the website build we provide a 1 hour training session via webinar/video (which can be recorded) showing you how to edit content on your website and add new images and blogs.
Do you provide any other training? For example, how to send Email campaigns or how to edit images ?
Please look at the details in the choice of add-ons for where training is included or choose this as one of your options. Additional training can be provided – just get in touch and we can give your an estimate on price depending on what you require.
Can you change things for me after launch?
Yes, we charge an hourly rate or daily rates for extra changes. Alternatively if you will be making regular changes, then we can put a monthly retainer in place. Just get in touch and we can give you an estimate on price.
What are your websites built on?
All our websites are built using WordPress and are hosted on your own hosting or our recommended hosting. WordPress is easy to use and is flexible and scalable, so you are not restricted in any way or having to pay expensive monthly costs if you want to add some extra functionality to the site. It is opensource which means it is free from commercial restrictions and limitations, so you can host your website anywhere you choose without the fear that changes in someone else’s business model will have an adverse impact one of your most important business assets.
What theme / plugins do you use?
We use a couple of proven premium themes which are highly flexible, customisable, well supported and easy to update. Clients find them very easy to use. We also use a range of reputable free WordPress plugins to provide extra functionality. In some cases, depending on the needs of your project, we will recommend a paid plugin but the choice is up to you (they are often very low cost anyway) . In all cases we source from reputable developers and ensure we have tested them before adding them on your website and can advise on options and costs before using.
Can I use my own theme and plugins?
We prefer to work with our proven themes and plug-ins, however by all means please do let us know and we’ll take a look. Extra costs will be involved for themes as they all work in different ways and require a degree of learning. Extra costs may be involved if it is a complex plugin to set up.
Where will you host my site and does the cost include domain names and email accounts?
There are several companies out there offering hosting and domains and we recommend speaking to us before you purchase anything so we can offer our advice and recommendations. There are a lot of poor quality providers out there or others selling you a lot more than you need or that may start at a good price but then increase dramatically after the first year.
We offer high quality hosting with a guaranteed 99% uptime, fast loading times, free website & email transfers and free SSL certificate (Let’s Encrypt) as standard. Sites now need to show https:// even if you are not selling on your site or they will show up with warnings and affect your SEO. Prices start at £60 per year including vat and including free email accounts. Price varies according to size of website and storage space needed (size of website and amount of content and images, email accounts with lots of storage space, number of sites being hosted).
We use www.lcn.com for our domains but are happy to give advice on other providers. Domain names are approximately £14 +vat per year for a .com, £9 plus vat for .co.uk. You can get better prices if they have special offers on or you buy for more than 1 year and sometimes if it is your first year. Domain privacy is often free for first year then approximately £5 plus vat per year. Other domain extensions vary in price up to £100 a year.
Can I use my own hosting provider?
Yes, but please see above. Many hosting companies use CPanel or something similar. As long as we are familiar with the systems, we are happy to work with this, otherwise there may be additional costs if we need to learn new systems and processes. We can discuss this with you in more detail so you can decide what suits you best.
Will my website show up on Page 1 of Google once launched?
SEO (search engine optimisation) is a complex process and just because you have a new website, it does not mean you will suddenly show up on page 1 for certain search criteria, especially if there is a lot of competition for those search terms. You need to also take into consideration:
- Site loading time – we recommend our hosting and include any necessary plugins to improve this
- Structure – we ensure we use the correct headings and hierarchy for posts and pages
- Images – we optimise and compress them for faster loading and label correctly so that Google can read them
- The amount of traffic/visitors to your site – take a look at our choice of add-ons
- How long people stay on your site – we make recommendations to make the most of your site or you can look at our choice of add-ons
- How often you add new content to your site – look at our choice of add-ons and perhaps choose the blog strategy
- The quality of the content on your site – we can recommend copywriters
There are a number of other things that can help improve your SEO so let us know what your goals are and we can advise what you need.
Are there any other things I might need to pay for?
The BigFizz Essential Rebranding package is focused on the core essentials to relaunch your business and this work may well reveal the need for more creative or technical work. The following would be extra (unless in some cases you can choose them as your add-ons):
- Creating straplines.
- Design of brochures, leaflets and banners for printing.
- Creating landing pages.
- Creating advertising campaigns.
- Copywriting and copy editing for your website (with SEO in mind) and for brochures.
- SEO options:
- Keywords and content
- Increasing the number of visitors to your website and how long they spend on your site
- Adding new content to your site
- Updating WordPress, plugins and theme to improve performance (see Website Maintenance below)
- Other options
- Finding and purchasing images for your website and marketing collateral. We provide a list of free and low cost image sites but if you need our help then this is extra.
- Photography: If you need a photographer we can recommend some great photographers.
- Cost of hosting and domain: we’ll recommend where to buy and help you get set up.
- Some premium plug-ins and integrations are not part of our package but can be added as an extra for example booking or event plugins (however we can also try source free ones).
- Adding payment options: we can include paypal buttons as part of the cost. For other payment options you would need to choose one of of add-ons or we can advise on the extra cost.
- Adding a shop with products and shopping cart: this will be at extra cost unless we agree a certain amount can be covered by using one of our add-ons.
- Creating a full membership site: we can link to a 3rd party membership site or we can incorporate a membership site at extra cost.
- Website Maintenance: keep your WordPress CMS, plugins and theme updated in the backend for security and optimal performance as well as saving offline backups. The cost is £160 per year. If you take our maintenance package along with our hosting, we will offer the hosting free or at a discounted rate depending on the hosting package.
- Customised graphics for your website or marketing collateral.
- Setting up your email account, styling forms, setting up automated email sequences, creating email newsletter templates in your email marketing platform.
- Creating bespoke email popups and integrations and lead magnets: we will include a link to your hosted email sign up form.